1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt License

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Hoss4x4, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Hoss4x4

Hoss4x4 Member
    from FL

Just wanted to check to see if you had to have a "license" to put down salt if doing it professionally?

Thank you in advance.

2. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

You should delete this thread. The government will read this and impose a tax on "salt license".

3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I have a CDL....

4. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Its coming, I give it 5 more years, salt is becoming a huge enviromental issue.

5. csi.northcoast

csi.northcoast Senior Member

it would be humorous to see the gov. work this one out, considering they are by far the largest user....

but they will probally exempt themselves.......do as i say and not what i do

6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

how much salt can he be using in FLA?

7. Hoss4x4

Hoss4x4 Member
    from FL

Only on my fries. I am doing research. I am trying to move back home to be by family in MI. I want to make sure I have all my ducks in a row. Any training I want to do ahead of time. I am guessing the answer is no. That is great news. Feel free to delete.......Thumbs Up

8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Now if you want to talk about insurance for putting salt down we can

9. Hoss4x4

Hoss4x4 Member
    from FL

There is an extra charge for insurance if you put down salt? I wonder why?

10. csi.northcoast

csi.northcoast Senior Member

i know you better have insurance if you don't put down salt....or a good lawyer

11. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

LOL, you can say that again!

I had State Farm tack on a surcharge on one of my trucks when they found out I had a spreader mounted on it. Wasn't a huge increase, but it was noticeable. Their reasoning was that there's increased liability due to "flying salt". I laughed in my insurance agents face and told her to have them go back and looksee when the last time they had a claim due to "flying salt". :rolleyes: Anything to soak you I guess... :rolleyes:

My GL company asks every year in the audit if we put down salt, hasn't made a bit of difference in the premiums though, probably just wanting to make sure we've got all the bases covered.