1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

salt increase

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by HOLLYWOOD, Jan 27, 2004.

1. HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD Member

theres a salt shortage in my area.
    so prices have gone up. would you guys raise your price for salting?
    If yes , would you send a letter or what? I didn't put anything in my contracted about shortage pricing

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I would say it depends on how your contract is worded. If the salting is provided for at a given price and no allowance for a mid-season increase, then you need to honor your commitment. Lesson learned for next year.

3. Rtom45

Rtom45 Junior Member

Also, depending on how your contract is written, and what kind of understanding you have with your customers, you may be able to "dilute" your salt with something less expensive like sand or grit. Just keep it away from entrances.

4. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

Every year there is a "salt shortage". Don't give it a second thought. Maybe do a search on salt shortage. You may see there is nothing to worry about.

5. SkykingHD

SkykingHD Senior Member

salt shortage again

Yes in Akron Cleveland OH area there is the evil salt shortage at low prices. If you have money you have salt. Several suppliers have cut off people. I heard City of Pittsburg has run out of salt. Cant get it up river.

We have got a seasions worth of snow already in Akron OH area. I am setting fair on salt. Ya have to have your own storage area...

Dave