1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt in super sacks

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by jfgold, Feb 1, 2007.

1. jfgold

jfgold Junior Member

Does anyone have any experience using super sack salt for a V-box. It makes storage and loading so much cleaner and easier. The salt is dry so you aren't paying for water and dry salt flows good and has less corrosive properties. I was thinking instead of building a shed and buying a skidsteer this would be a money saving idea?? I do have a fork lift so I would just suspend the bag over the V-box and unlaod via the bottom pour hole. We load catalyst at work like this and it works great. Any comments??

Thanks,

Joe

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I've been doing it for years. We bag our own, it's how we retail bulk. We find about 3/4 yard bag about right, trucks handle it well. Shoveling it into tailgate hoppers works great. fork it in the truck, fork the leftovers out. you'll need a boom to load the hopper with your forklift, forks aren't long enough to get the load centered in the hopper.Takes 2 sacks to load the VPRO but that's ok.

If you're considering Magco, they have a great product. Dry and consistent, just much more expensive then bulk. It does store well, flow clean, and you only pay for salt, no moisture weight.

3. jfgold

jfgold Junior Member

Thanks

Hey basher, can you give me an e-mail or call? 373-3333 or gold4@comcast.net.
    Thanks,

Joe

4. korelandscaping

korelandscaping Member
    from CT

I don't follow. Can you post some pics. Thanks