1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt in Maryland

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by gallden, Jan 21, 2011.

1. gallden

gallden Member

Anyone ever bought a tractor trailer load of salt on pallets the 50lb bag types. If so where and any idea how much? Thanks.

2. Pierce Man

Pierce Man Junior Member

What part of Maryland are you trying to buy salt in? I bought a pallet the other day (49 bags, 50 lbs. each) for $260.00 in Southern Maryland

3. contractor078

contractor078 Senior Member

nice what part of MD were you in? i am around cambridge on the eastern shore...sounds like a pretty good price

4. Pierce Man

Pierce Man Junior Member

I got it from Lesco (John Deere Landscapes) in Waldorf, MD. The price goes down the more pallets you get. I think it worked out to be around 5 bucks a bag

5. Leggslandscape

Leggslandscape Member

You can also get salt at the stone store by bwi bought a few pallets there the other day for 250 per pallet but gotta have account simple to sign up. as far as tractor trailer load buddy of mine got one, ended up being between 180-200 per pallet

6. tdemaree

tdemaree Junior Member

I would call the manufacturer of your preferred product and ask them. They may even sell to you directly.

7. CHasselberger

CHasselberger Member

We get ours in Baltimore at International Salt. It was like 180$ a pallet (49 bags) with a min. of 4 pallets. It's right off of 95 at the harbor tunnel.

8. gallden

gallden Member

Right we're trying to get them to sell to us directly, and take out the middle man. Just don't know if we buy enough for this to happen.