1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt in Delaware/S. Jersey/Philly

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by jfgold, Dec 5, 2006.

1. jfgold

jfgold Junior Member

Looking to get together to leverage some salt purchases. Have a large bagging plant that is local. Anyone interested in getting in on a deal if I can get one. What is the best price that you are getting in this region so I have some ammo for negotiating price. Feel free to e-mail me at gold4@comcast.net

Thanks,

Joe

2. drafto

drafto Member

I am very interested. I tried at a plant in Marcus Hook a while back but they blew me off and I had to go to Moyer and Sons an hour a way top get the best deal.

Dan

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

How much and what type are you looking to buy? You said you tried a bagging plant, was that Magco?

You want to buy bagged material, or bulk?

Magco, oceanport and refined are all local, Oceanport sells bulk, they're the main supplier to DELDOT, and have the best bulk pricing. They won't sell to you unless you have an account, if not you need to go through a registered buyer. Many trucking companies have accounts with them. Magco sells bagged material, I have used them in the past for their supersacks, 2500lbs bags. You can chose your poison, road salt, #1 or #2. More expensive but you're buying dry weight which isn't always the case with bulk salt out of OP.

You should be locked in by this time to get the best price out of OP, and you have to buy the full load.

PM me let me know what your looking for maybe I can help.

4. jfgold

jfgold Junior Member

What are you looking to buy, like the previous post said. Let me know what you need and I will get you pricing. I can get you bulk out of OP. We are right next door to them and they treat their neighbors good! E-mail me direct as I don't check this site often.

Joe

5. drafto

drafto Member

Joe,

When is your PM going to start working? I am really only looking to buy 2 pallets of rock salt, that is all I have room to store. I got a local price yesterday that was 3.75/bag. I am very upset with the dealer I was using as he let me down twice so far this year with pricing he promised and a delivery that never occurred.

Let me know Joe.

Thanks,
    Dan

6. jfgold

jfgold Junior Member

Not sure why my PM doesn't work?? Call me at 373-3333. Thanks, Joe

7. andrewlawnrangr

andrewlawnrangr Senior Member

salt in PA Rock salt 50# bags 49 per skid $175.00

that From a local dealer

8. Sunrise154

Sunrise154 Junior Member

Bulk Salt

I am selling bulk salt picked up per ton @ $80.00 ton, I also have a few pallets left of Mortons 50# (Yellow bag with black stripe) available. While supplies last! If you buy per skid I can sell for $3.35 per bag. If you are buying multiple skids I can do it for between $3.15 and $3.25. If you only want a few bags The price will be $3.99 P/B. These are picked up prices per my location in Malvern, Pa.

We are also open for Bulk pick-ups during all snow and Ice storms.