1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt in Cincy

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Drottlawn, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

Who has 25 ton or more to sell? I know some have it but want a fortune for it. I know of one local that will sell it 130 a ton, and bought it for around 60. I will not support anyone with this big of a mark up. Its called gouging!

2. big pusher

big pusher Senior Member
    from ohio

130 a ton sounds pretty reasonably these days.

3. snowconcepts

snowconcepts Member

Supposedly you can get salt at Angelos in Michigan for $99.00 ton.

4. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

That would be great, but they probably won't deliver this far south and would be crazy shipping costs if they did.

Does anyone have any extra they want to sell?:confused:

5. rblake

rblake Senior Member
    from dayton

How about evans ? I heard he was down to $110 per ton.

6. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

They just sent an email two days ago and said 130 ton. HHHMMMM!

7. rblake

rblake Senior Member
    from dayton

I would make sure i got a weigh slip.

8. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

I was wrong it was 135 ton. I tried emailing again and they still will not change the price. Oh well, never wanted to support him or the one other guy around here. They are gougers!:realmad:

9. rblake

rblake Senior Member
    from dayton

call me tomorrow 937 287-6808. I had a supplier call me earlier this winter. Somehow he always has salt

10. kimber

kimber Senior Member
    from Ohio

Salt in Ashtabula, Oh

I have salt in Ashtabula, Ohio...which is at the Northeast part of the state. Kinda far, but it is available. Call me at 216-904-6538 and I can give you a picked up or delivered price.

Thanks
    Dave

11. TurfToppers

TurfToppers Junior Member

i dont think anyone other than evans and bzak sells bulk salt around here that i know of. anyone know of anyone else?

12. grassman2001

grassman2001 Junior Member

Try calling August Robin and Son trucking they are on bender rd off of river road in Delhi, not far from the salt terminals. They sell bulk, I saw evans there last week buying from them. I don't buy bulk I buy bagged but you might give them a shot. Look them up