1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt In Chicqgo

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by thundercat99, Feb 18, 2004.

1. thundercat99

thundercat99 Senior Member

Im looking at nexct season already, at the moment I can salting ecquipment comes from, 2 tailgate spreaders..

The accounts for nexct year I think are to big for a tailgate spreader. churchs and medium size lots Im thinking about using bulk salt of a dump body, if i can afford the truck,

I have 3 questions

1 How much can you buy bulk salt for and were in chicago perferably south suberbs

2 how much ground can you cover with bagged salt 800lb spreader..

3 Whats the money difference in bagged or bulk in chicago

2. parrothead

parrothead Senior Member

i can buy salt for 39.85 delivered to kankakee from morton salt. with my western, i run the spreader on 4 and drive 10-15 mph and that lays down about a 20' pattern and gets it on thick enough to help melt residual snow.

3. thundercat99

thundercat99 Senior Member

are you talking about a pro flow 1 or a 2stage spreader

4. quincy33

quincy33 Member
    from toronto

Don't even think about bags- way too expensive.

5. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

Morton's delivered for under $40.00 per ton??? I have to pick up from there and still pay $65.00/ton. They wanted to charge me an extra $20.00 per ton for delivery for less than 10 ton.

6. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

I dont salt and i have a major salt mine 2 mins from my house. Can you guys ease up on the salt already, Im gettin tired of hearing the non stop truck traffic already....J/K .....Rob

7. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

A grain of salt I think its agrainofsalt.com

8. acs powerwash

acs powerwash Junior Member

Call the People at "Olive Branch Direct To You" ask for Linda. great people to deal with, you can ALWAYS get salt at a fair price per ton and they never have a problem when there is a shortage.

They are located in Southern Wisconsin but they have piles all over.

414-489-9277