1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt In Central PA

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by daplowman, Aug 29, 2007.

1. daplowman

daplowman Member

Hey guys, are we all stocking up on sleep? Anyway I am looking for a second salt supplier in the central PA area. Harisburg to be exact, right now i am using Pensy, butthe hours there suck. I nedd to be able to get salt after hours. Any help would be great. On a side note any long range forecast for this winter yet?
  2. daplowman

daplowman Member

bump back up
  3. daplowman

daplowman Member

I guess I stumped everyone.:confused:

FISHERBOY Senior Member

Its hard to get salt after hours maybe stock pile salt at ur shop , i get my in duryea ,pa near scranton they open about 6-7 in the morning and close about 3 in the afteroon if they r not busy. Well i'm hearing we're going into a LA-Nina winter i think the weather can go either way. www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/ great site :waving:
  5. emeraldgreen

emeraldgreen Member

I am working with a local farmer who supplies mulch and stone in my area and have convinced him to supply bulk salt. He will load anytime it snows except Sunday, then you load yourself. It's not in your immediate area, but he is open in Waynesboro, PA 17268, about 60 minutes south of Harrisburg.
  6. daplowman

daplowman Member

Any other Suggestions

This one kind of died out.