1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

salt in bags

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Jay brown, Jan 4, 2006.

1. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

anyone else get thier treated slat in 1 ton seed bean bags? been using it for 2 years now. it's kinda nice where you can store it outside and only need a forklift to load it. they treat our salt with sugar beet?

2. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

So how do you load the v-box ? Shovel it in ? I guess I am picturing a giant bean bag full of salt. Sounds like a good idea for my tailgate salter though.
    Todd

3. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

Yes more info requested please.

So this 2000lb bag gets delivered, you place them on the ground(I assume they are on pallets) then you take your forked machine and load it onto your spreader how? Hold it over the hopper and cut a hole in the bag?

4. Jay brown

the top of the bag has for loops for lifting the bag off of the pallet. the bottom of the bag has a draw string. we use the whole bag. if you were using them for tailgate spreaders you could reclose the draw string

5. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

interesting thanks, oh how much do they go for in your area?

6. Jay brown

$130 delivered in the bag on the pallet out of knoxville, iowa. if you just want the bags you should be able to find them from any seed dealer or i'll save them for you.

7. Jay brown

also forgot to mention that the top of the bag could be opened fully for scouping and filling.