1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt help

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by wideout, Sep 13, 2012.

1. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

Has anyone ever used or heard of calcium magnesium acetate salt? I have a new wal-mart store and they say its all i can use on there new concrete. If you know a good place to get it that would be great!

2. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

How are they going to know what you use? Sound like a PITA

3. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

They have in there contact where they can look at your records to see what you use for salt. Not really a pita still salt just a different kind is all

4. Schoenberg Salt

Schoenberg Salt Member

CMA is not a salt, but is synthetically produced and there for is a lot more expensive then natural materials which are mined/evaporated.

You can check out our site's CMA Information page... http://gosalt.com/CMA_CALCIUM_MAGNESIUM_ACETATE_CMA.html

Just be aware there are many blends that contain mostly rock salt and very little CMA, but this is not what is required by the Walmart.

Give us a call at 800-221-5105 if you have any questions or for pricing.

5. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

How can you "get a new walmart store" and not know how much this specific deicer is going to cost you?

6. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

^^^. Hard to make money that way I would guess

7. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

I have been approved by then and did there old store for the last 10 years this year they have a new one. I haven't submitted my bid yet that's why I'm on here trying to get a little information.

8. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

Anyone want to bet when they hear the cost of CMA they will change their tune?

Especially since only hungry salt eats concrete, so if the OP bought not-hungry salt, he would be just fine.

And if it was properly formulated and installed, they wouldn't have problems.

9. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

Stupid random question of this thread:
    Is CMA FAA approved for runways?