1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt falls thru

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Brad3403, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Brad3403

Brad3403 Senior Member
    from Alberta

I've got a Buyers stainless steal spreader, 1.8 cu. yards. It's not very often that I put straight salt into it but the odd time that I do, I find that it continuosly runs out the end of the conveyor. The slide door is closed as much as it can be. Anyone else have this problem and any suggestions to fix it? With gravel it doesn't happen.

2. grasmancolumbus

grasmancolumbus Senior Member

same problem with a snow ex i think its just the fine salt seems to just pour out more when hitting bumps pot holes and going around corners

3. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

My Snowex does the same thing:realmad: I just ram a bath towel in the chute and it works for me

4. grasmancolumbus

not a bad idea I was trying to think of what could be 'put' up there seemed like i was salting all the f''in roads

5. deicepro

Sure pisses you off to see a white dust trail behind you

6. grasmancolumbus

no shiiit i thought it was snow at first then I noticed it was not bowing behind any other car on the road

7. grasmancolumbus

snow ex rep said i need a FREE FLOW KIT anyone have this?

8. deicepro

Snowex needs to head back to the drawing board on lots of sh**

9. snocrete

snocrete Banned

sounds like its already FREE FLOWING as it is?