1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

salt dogg

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by home rescue, Feb 12, 2008.

1. home rescue

home rescue Member
    from wv

First time out with it today. WOW! You can throw a little at a time or just throw huge amounts. I took the spinner off, hung it with a bungee cord, put my 5 gallon bucket under the shoot and filled my sidewalk bucket, spinner sitting on 0. Tarp keeps everything dry. I plowed a 2 acre lot today with about an inch of snow and salted in 2 directions, had a bout 12 cars in the lot and done that all in about 1hr 20 minutes. with the tailgate spreader it use to take about 50 minutes to shovel salt into a 10 cubic foot tailgate spreader and do only 2 loads, what a time saver. And I was also clean after the end of plowing, did I also tell you I stayed dry to. and warm. Can you spell spoiled.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2008
  2. bgjj

bgjj Junior Member

just unplug your spinner and set it on the ground, hanging from a bungee and set to o, one time or another bungee will break and fall and take connector, wires or worse with it, then no spinner without repairs, could see that happening from your desciption, just some advice

3. home rescue

home rescue Member
    from wv

Actually, you would have to see it, but actually have 3 bungees total holding it. I use a bungee from tarp rings on sides to hold wiring up out of the way, then double a bungee over that #1, then I have a bungee from each side of tarp rings attached to spinner giving me a total of 3 bungees that holds it up straight and even. I thought about unplugging it and sitting it on the ground but was worried about breaking the connectors since they a re usually cold frozen and icy, then theres the thought of contaminating the inside of the connectors with ice water salt cinders dirt. But that was my first thought, be very careful not to drop the spinner shoot so as not to break the connectors or wires. Thanks for the input, lord knows I've made a few mistakes in my time.