1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

salt dogg

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by kasper, May 17, 2010.

1. kasper

kasper Junior Member

i was told by my dealer u cant put the 2 yard poly spreader in a full size short bed truck has anyone done this

2. rpainetfd

rpainetfd Member

I would disagree with your dealer based on information I have seen on this site. Last fall I was doing research on which spreader I wanted to buy (I have an 8 foot bed), and learned that both Salt Dogg models will fit a short bed. I did end up with the Fisher 1.8, which fits a long bed. The Fisher 1.5 fits a short bed. Good Luck

Last edited: May 18, 2010
  3. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

It will fit just fine, I have two of them.:drinkup:

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

it will fit no problem

5. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

time to find a new dealer

6. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

It will fit just fine.....I think your dealer is worried about the weight of a fully loaded 2 yard spreader in the back of that truck....Did you tell him it was for that truck...If so..thats why he is balking at selling it to you...That truck would be way over loaded with that spreader loaded with 2 yards..I think its a liability issue with your dealer...

7. msu1510

msu1510 Senior Member
    from MI

sounds like it will fit, but you may want to consider taking your truck in and add some leaf springs. we do it to all of our trucks and surprisingly its not that expensive

8. 3311

3311 Senior Member

will for sure fit...

9. plowtime1

plowtime1 Senior Member

They work on 6.5 beds F-350's, used it for two years; be sure to build a box for the front of spreader to prevent coming forward on ya.

10. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

My dealer told me the same thing... I argued with him a little. lol I KNOW for a fact they will fit. I've seen plenty.