1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt Dogg vs Western ?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Marek, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Marek

Marek Senior Member

Looking to buy 2 new v boxs . We have several other western gas powered v box spreaders but want to try a new electric one. Looked at the salt dogg and western polly boxs today and trying to figure which 2 to buy. The Western is alot more then the Dogg but a few extra dollars isnt worth having problems. Has anyone else made the switch to electric boxs over gas and what are the known problems with the ones mentioned??

2. SnowGuy

SnowGuy Senior Member
    from NW Ohio

I bought 2 new Salt Dogg Poly V Box spreaders last year and we love them. Best of all, we take good care of them and this year when we put them in the trucks, they look just like new !!!

3. PALSLANDSCAPING

PALSLANDSCAPING Member

I bought two new Salt Dogg electric spreaders as well. One of the best things I ever did. I do alot of research and one thing I have to say is that the Salt Dogg over all is a better built unit.