1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt Dogg V box Throttle issue

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Lucky Star, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Lucky Star

Lucky Star Junior Member

I have a new 1.8 stainless v box with the briggs and stratton motor. Everything has functioned fine but now the electric throttle/choke will not work. I can manually throttle up the engine but not with the controller. Anyone have any ideas what would cause this? Thanks
  2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The operative word here is NEW, Why not take it to the dealer you purchased it from?

As for Ideas, bad switch, broken wire, bad plug, improperly set wire in plug, bad throttle motor assembly, corrosion in the connections, bad connection.

do you get power to the throttle motor? how many volts? are both wires attached to the throttle motor?
  3. LON

LON Senior Member

Chinese controller?
  4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

B&S Motor Gas drive analog controller. But I'd go with chinese throttle motor:cool: not much choice in today's world though:realmad:
  5. LaytonTruck

LaytonTruck Junior Member

Have someone operate the throttle control from the cab Sander does not have to be running just the ignition on and controller in on position, If you are getting power to the throttle control at the motor then My guess would be you need a new throttle control on the motor If not then it has to be in the control

Depending on if you are running up or down on the throttle will determine what wire is hot so check both wires

Part Number for the throttle control at the motor is a 1410709 from Salt Dogg
  6. Lucky Star

Lucky Star Junior Member

@Basher dealer really isnt too close to me so trying to be proactive and see if I cant figure it out. Thanks for the ideas

@Layton Truck Thanks for the suggestions
    I will run through these thoughts and see what we come up with THANKS AGAIN
  7. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

I know this sounds dumb, but is the spot where the cab wiring connects to the salter wiring fully connected? (just speaking from dumb experince with the plug being half way unpluged)

If so, check the wiring going to the throttle as said in the previous post.

With a volt meter, if you test the two wires hooking to the throttle control: you should see 12v+ across the two wires with the switch clicked to throttle up, and 12v- when you select throttle down. the positive and negitive alternate wires controlled by the cab control box.