1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

salt dogg V box 2000

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by andrewlawnrangr, Dec 20, 2008.

1. andrewlawnrangr

andrewlawnrangr Senior Member

need a little help on the spacing of the metal " shields" in the bottem on my spreader.. im used to the gas v box where the adj flow is in the back... this one is right above the auger. i am running bulk and wondering how many inches everyone else is running like the front open 3 and the back 4?? just looking for some insite on the box...
  2. dmc337

dmc337 Junior Member

I run the same and just left them the way they came from the factory. I just have to keep my auger speed slow, like 3 and maybe 4. I had to play with it a little to find the spread I liked. Auger between 3 and 4 (closer to 3) and spinner on about 5, truck doing about 11-13mph. I plow a 2 mile subdivision and am able to 1-pass each road with salt to obtain the desired results.
  3. Deckscapes

Deckscapes Senior Member

We run ours with both gates open about 2", and run the spreader controls at:
    Spinner on 5-6, Auger feed about 5-6. No complaints with its performance.
  4. gmcplowtruck

gmcplowtruck Member

i run 2 of the 2000 models best spreader i have ever used my one im running on how it came spacing the other one i opened up a little bit like 4 to 5 inches i run my augers anywhere from 7-10 and my spinner i run on 10 for trhe most part exept when i go through a drive thru or i want to put a lot down the spreaders spread realy well and even on 10 it can spread about 30 feet or more