1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt Dogg Users

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by GreenAcresFert, Dec 2, 2007.

1. GreenAcresFert

GreenAcresFert Senior Member

What do you run the auger at typically with bulk salt. Seems like I went thru alot last night, wondering if I could slow down the auger but still get decent coverage. I noticed that you have to run the shaker at all times so getting the salt there isn't a issue. Thanks, Bryan

2. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

Baffles set at stock adjustment, auger on 6, spinner 7-10 depending on lot. Average 15mph through lots.

3. GreenAcresFert

Thanks man, I actually had a chance to play with it in the daylight, I found that the auger on 4-6 works great, thing spreads it nice.

4. GreenAcresFert

Seems like salt doggs are selling this year, according to my angelos. Is everybody having good luck?? Like mine so far, only ran a few tons thru it though.

5. kmwharley

kmwharley Member

Love mine I opened baffles slightly but mine usually runs spinner on 10 and auger on 4-5 unless I get into a large open spot then I can run it up a little. I have to run my vibrator as well but love the spreader

6. alternative

alternative PlowSite.com Addict

So far I like it, but same question, whats the best dial (auger and spiner) and is it safe to run the vibrator all times, I thought I read no longer than 2min.??

7. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

I run the vibrator all the time, sometimes 20min or more. Over 75 tons of bulk salt through it with no problems. Looking to purchase #2 at the end of this month.