1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt Dogg under tailgate spreader

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Nickymaggs, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Nickymaggs

Nickymaggs Junior Member
    from PA

HI,

I have an Salt Dogg under tailgate electric salt spreader for my dump truck. I purchased used last year. The previous owner had it for 2 years. My question is does it require a vibrator? I had a lot of trouble getting salt to run though it. If so where would be the best place to mount it. I have always used v box spreaders. This spreader was in great shape and a good price so I purchased it. Thanks in advance.

2. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

My condolences.

My issues aren't related to getting salt through it. Not really sure if one would make a difference.

3. 98Chevy2500

98Chevy2500 Senior Member

I would skip the vibrator and save the money to spend on a couple spare controllers and motors as well as building a new heavy duty harness from scratch. Getting the salt to the auger was the least of my worry's when I owned two of them.