1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

salt dogg tgs07

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by bigearl, Sep 1, 2010.

1. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

Has anyone actually seen the Tgs 07 by salt dogg ? If so what do you think about it?

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

A well thought out unit. The fill door opens in both directions and is removable. There is one motor so the auger and spinner change speeds together. Same control as the all the other single motor units. Looks like the rest of the Saltdogg line. Won't win any beauty contests but well constructed, they didn't spend a lot of money on frills but at with a $1995.00 suggested list you can afford to address the only real performance issue, the yellow caps on the harness. Spend a couple bucks and buy a set of blank spreader side plugs to replace the yellow caps. Don't forget to buy four of the weather plugs to seal the wire holes in the caps.

This is a tailgate unit that will do sand.:nod:

And before anyone calls foul, yes I do sell them.payup

3. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

thanks for the info I have an older buyers model that isnt intended for bulk but it works I am thinking of an upgrade

4. MahonLawnCare

MahonLawnCare Senior Member
    from Ohio

I take it you can run bulk through that? Also how many lbs does that hold approx? One more ?...I have two other newer buyer's units...can I use the same wiring and controller since it's already ran?

5. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

I'm looking hard at buying one also, looks like a good product for the price.

Basher, if you have one in stock... could you take some more pics of it and put them up here? Maybe hook up power and make a short movie too :nod:

6. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Hey Steve - Crysteel gave me a price of $1391 on Monday at the State Fair. I'm not sure if it was a "fair only" special or if that's going to be their everyday price but I thought that was a heck of a deal.

7. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Thanks for the info Roy. Jim at ESI has a very good price also (actually cheaper then that), and shipping is pretty cheap to. Total would be $1540 to my door. If I buy at Crysteel I have to pay tax... and I hate paying tax.

8. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

For plowsite guys only 1350.00 for the TGS07.....and yes we do sell them....

9. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Wow that's cheap. I'll see if my wife will let me buy one... :p

10. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Roy, I bet Jim would give us a deal if we bought together. We'd probally save on shipping to since we're almost neighbors.

(Hint Hint Jim...)

11. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Anyone else in our area want to get in on a group purchase from ESI?

Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
  12. dodge15004x45.9

dodge15004x45.9 Senior Member
    from malvern

Incase anyone in this thread wants pics I'm going to post them here as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Weeded!

Weeded! Member

How fast can will this spread 50lbs?

14. dodge15004x45.9

from malvern

No idea I just posted pics cause ppl wanted to see them. I do not have a salter on my truck.

15. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Of what? #1 blended mix, it would spit it out in a heart beat, wet sand not so fast.

16. Shop's Lawn

Shop's Lawn Senior Member

How many pounds of salt will it hold?

17. dodge15004x45.9

from malvern