1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt dogg tgs07 Grate

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by McG_Landscaping, Jan 17, 2016.

1. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping Senior Member

Last season I wasn't impressed with our tgs07. It seemed to always burn through salt. I bought the baffle for the inside, but my spreader is the older version and did not fit. We put a plate covering half of the auger similar to how our shpe 2000s are set up. This has helped with salt usage this season as well as getting an even spread. The issue my guy is having now is with salt chunks jamming up in the plate area.

My question is this- has anyone rigged up a Grate to the top of their spreader to help keep clumps of salt from clogging up their spreader? I am interested to see mounting ideas if it has been done. I am thinking of making one similar to our 2000s, but I am not sure how to mount it.

2. Bryanderr

Bryanderr Junior Member

I made one. i just cut a piece of expanded metal to fit across the top and then welded a couple pieces of 1inch angle to the expanded metal to keep it in place. Works well

3. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping Senior Member

Great idea. Thanks