1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt Dogg TGS06???

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by yardatwork, Feb 26, 2015.

1. yardatwork

yardatwork Member

Does anyone know when they started putting horizontal augers in these or have they always had them? I just picked up a 2011 model and I'm thinking it does not have the auger, just the vibrator. I've been all over the internet searching and I've been getting mixed feedback. Thanks!

2. jerpa

jerpa Member

AFAIK the TGS03 and TGS07 have horizontal augers and the others are more typical tailate designs with a vertical auger on the spinner shaft. You can find the parts diagrams on their website.

3. Young one

Young one Junior Member
    from Lynn

Salt dogg

I have a new one this year. I like it. I found it dosnt need the auger. I haven't tried it with bulk salt or sand but i pour 6 bags of salt and 8 bags of sand and it works awesome. Just don't open the flow gate all the way. I only open the gate to about a third of the way. The bags are dry and loose so there is no need for the auger. I tried some salt sand mix and it worked fine but I didn't buy too much because i don't have any place to keep it dry. the bags are easier to store for me. Make sure you don't leave the bulk sand and salt mix in the hopper too long. I only put in what i need. It is easy to use once you get the hang of the controls

I would definitely recommend it