1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

salt dogg tgs06 PROBLEM

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by badgerman, Feb 6, 2013.

1. badgerman

badgerman Member

hey everyone, we just bought a couple used salters for cheap and the salt dogg ive used once so far and it didnt go so well.. From what ive read so far their is suppose to be shoot gate to regulate salt flow as this unit dont have a auger but it is not their. did they make some models with out gates? also it dont seem to throw salt very far. wondering if i move the spinner up if that would help with the flow and maybe throw salt father? any help is appreciated.. Like i said we got 2 salters for cheap 400 for 2 salters isnt bad at all i dont think ones a curtis but much smaller unit so would like to get this salt dogg figured out asap.. Thanks guys check back later:mechanic:
  2. ducaticorse

ducaticorse PlowSite.com Addict
    from we

The reason why you got the salters for cheap is because the SUCK!. The TG06 doesn't work with anything but bagged product, and MAYBE super dry rock salt. You should pass the buck and pawn it off on someone
  3. badgerman

badgerman Member

well thanks for all the help. instead of maybe making some modifications to this unit to make it work a little better, like moving the spinner up, We'll just sell it and buy a new one and that will cost way more money which makes a lot of sense... Yeah ive read a lot of bad and good things so idk dont see why this cant be modified to work a little better. if we salted a ton then i would maybe take your advise but we dont salt that many lots..on a happy note Hooked up the curtis seems to work great