1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

salt dogg tgs02?????

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Mike S, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

Anyone use this spreader yet? Im looking for a small spreader with a horizontal auger. Its going on my toolcat.
    Thanks

2. sns250

sns250 Member

We have an 075 in our Toolcat. We ran about 100 tons through it last year on our sidewalks.

3. Mike S

Well that's kinda what we had and now we will be putting a liquid unit in it and it will take up most of the bed about 3/4 of the bed so I still want a spreader but one with a auger for various reasons. Forced change into the liquid. Lol. I was going to replace my snow ex with the 075 but things changed completely.

4. sns250

sns250 Member

Sounds like a plan, we look heavily into liquids for this season as well just for our benefit, the cost to set the toolcat up just got a little out of hand and we couldn't make the numbers work right now.

How are you running your liquid system? We were talking electric, and also putting hydraulic auxiliaries in the back to run a fully hydraulic pump. That seemed the way to go(a lot less to go wrong) but the cost was a bit more to set everything up. There was also conversation about running it off the front, but we use the broom a lot so that didn't really work for us, but it would if you just ran a box or something.

5. Mike S

I bought this spreader today. I will install next week and get pictures.
    I will get pics of the liquid unit also when I get it installed.
    It's a neat system I came up with. Lol it's mainly for small areas with multiple options and a backup systems. Just imagine a system with to electric pumps, not cheap ones...... it will also have a fill/gravity option. A small boom and a hand sprayer.