1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

salt dogg tgs02 review?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by matt-max, Sep 1, 2015.

1. matt-max

matt-max Member

has anyone had experience with the salt dogg tgs02 hitch mount spreader?
    we are considering purchasing a couple instead of getting more western 500 spreaders.
    just looking for firsthand user experiences of shortcomings and benefits please.
    thank you!
  2. matt-max

matt-max Member

hey, anybody gotten one of these into action yet?
  3. toyotaboy

toyotaboy Member
    from DE

i don't know about the tgs02 but i have the tgs07 for a few years now and has been good to me for what i have to salt. only real issue was the controller when i first got it but it was replaced under warranty. just try and keep clean and coated with some spray i hit mine with fluid film.
  4. GSS

GSS Junior Member

tgs 02

ive used one since mid winter last yr mainly on a large lot other needing to refill one or two or three times its been good
  5. lasmadas

lasmadas Junior Member

Tgs02 spreader

I just got one this year. It seems to be an OK unit. I had mine installed by the place I bought it. The wiring was not seated properly and came out of the fuse box, once that was fixed. It seems OK. I have a 900 foot driveway that goes up an elevation of 125 feet. It spreads good. I can do my driveway one time with it loaded. I use flake ice melter.