1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt Dogg Tgs 07

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by stacks04, Dec 21, 2010.

1. stacks04

stacks04 Senior Member
    from ct

Hey guys, I am looking for a user manual for this unit. It came with the install instructions but nothing on how exactly to operate this unit or the trouble shooting of it. I have it all installed per the install guide and I am getting a weird code flashing on the led display that I have no clue on.

There website has not operation guide and there tech guy is not answering the phone.

2. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

The codes come with the controller (so you can stick it wherever you want it). If you left a message, you will get a call back.

Take a look at this and see if it helps.
    http://www.saltdogg.com/Instruction Sheets/3017608_A.pdf

One hint - remove the gate - it's only meant for use during transport.

3. stacks04

stacks04 Senior Member
    from ct

Scott, I got this unit brandy new and it did not come with anything but the install manual. The code I am getting is an A which is not on the list, but I did get a call back. It was a mishap hopefully on my part but we will see tonight.

I built the spreader at home, but did the wiring here at work because I have a lift and it is much easier. The truck with spreader will not fit into the garage here so I left it home, once I go the wiring done I made sure the unit turned on and it did but flashed the code A. I was told by the tech that it is because the motor is not connected. Thats cool. Will double check tonight.

I would have avoided all this if I had gotten the code description paper, or a users manual. The pdf you posted does not show the code I have. No biggie, I am sure it will be all resolved once I hook it all up.

4. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

I'll find out what's up with codes.

5. stacks04

stacks04 Senior Member
    from ct

Ok, got everything hooked up last night. The A is gone now, but I am getting a U code which according to the sheet you posted is vibrator disconnected, it is not and it functions fine. Code still comes up, any thoughts on that?

6. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

OK - plows are more my specialty - so I had to check around. The sheet I put up was for a newer controller - sorry to confuse the issue.

If the U code is showing up when the vibrator is working fine, it is probably because the vibrator is lightly loaded. Short answer, it may go away when in normal use and is just a sensor that's being a little too sensitive.

If it doesn't go away, then contact your dealer.

7. stacks04

stacks04 Senior Member
    from ct

Ok thanks Scott. I appreciate your help thus far.