1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

salt dogg spreaders

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Goodall, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Goodall

Goodall Junior Member

Has anyone bought and used the salt dogg 1500 or 2000 poly v spreader? If so please let me know if there where any problems.

2. cincy snowdog

cincy snowdog Senior Member

bought 1500 salt dogg

yes we bought a 1500 on 2-15-07
    it is a handy spreader because of the weight of it and being able to take it in and out easy.
    if your salt is dry ,your fine ,if it is wet it is a little more time to get salt out but it still works good.
    if it is below freezing and salt is wet-watchout it is not as good,the salt froze right up on us one night we had to go to the car wash and wet it up with hot water then it worked fine.
    (it could use another vibrator towards the other end)

the top screen is bolted so we are going to make it a hinged top when we have time to get access to inside.
    i like how how you can remove the spinner to pull a trailer ,seconds to remove.
    came with tie down straps and tarp too(bungys too). . we set our contoller so it can be removed fast and transfered to another truck.(powered by cig lighter)
    would buy again . price around here is 3200 it is a nice spreader but the drier the better.
    and also an official salt dogg ball cap too. who hoo that sold me .post pics in few

3. cincy snowdog

had a spreader go down went to go get parts at hydraulic shop ,didnt really have time to repair that spreader so i bought the salt dogg,didnt have much time or much to choose from so we took the salt dogg. so still new to it but it had about forty to fifty tons sent through it and worked good as long as dry salt or you got wet salt out fast.

4. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

5. floppy

floppy Junior Member

have you use salt and sand mix? i found it don't work.

6. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

We bought a SS V box from them. There prices are great for all there stuff

7. Goodall

Goodall Junior Member

salt dogg

thanks everyone for the input. I think i'm going to buy one from Angelo's.

8. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

I got mine from Angelo's on e-bay. 2 yarder for $2800. They shiped it to my door in NE IL for $150. No BS. Worked great.Just make sure you dont have the auger frooze up when you install it. They were stored outside and got full of ice, I installed mine 3 hours before a storm rolled in and spent an extra hour laying in the hopper chipping ice out from under the baffles. I was pissed to say the least.
    I have run about 16 tons of wet salt threw it and it has worked great ever since I cleared the ice out.
    T

9. cincy snowdog

yeh tman thats how ours was too,it was a solid clear piece of ice in the trough,we used hot water and it broke it up and spit it out:eek: it was somewhat scary at first,had to move the truck so no broken windows from hispeed flying ice.wow didnt like that. but i guess on the trains or trucks it melted down into there then froze. but i am happy it was a nice investment so far.