1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt Dogg spreaders

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Precision Lawn, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Precision Lawn

Precision Lawn Senior Member

Has anyone bought or seen the new spreader sphe2250
    pros and cons on it

2. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

I bought one and love it. A improvement over the 2yard one. It looks Ginormous thou. Other then the one of my guys not seeing it sitting in behind the skid steer in the sea can and backing over it.. $1100.00 just for the spinner assembly. I love it and would buy another. I also added some whelen leds to the back of it.

Some more pics here

There might be more on my facebook page too.

Only cons I can think off is the grease fitting for the bearing at the back. Its under that stainless cover and you pretty much need to lift salter out of truck to get at it. You are supposed to build a brace for the back and sides so you will most likely have to pull the unit out of the truck. I didn't brace the side of the salter and it shifted side to side a bit until I figured out that it was moving around in the box. Need to make a grease extension for the nipple at the rear bearing. The cover ends tend to flop over in the wind when driving exposing your salt. I had salt freeze in it once a little.. All I did was hit the on off and vibrator buttons a few times and it cleared itself no problems. Decent size motor powering it that may be why it cleared it easily.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  3. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

I dont have fork extenders for my skidsteer, when I move my shpe2000 i have my dad jump inside the hopper and hug the forks lol, otherwise it would flip off the forks