1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt dogg spreader

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by readysnowplow, Jan 11, 2010.

1. readysnowplow

readysnowplow Senior Member

I have a salt dogg spreader for sale. It's not even two months old and has all the wires. It holds about 650LBS of salt and has a built in vibrator. It's a tailgate spreader that hooks into the truck hitch but you can purchase the swing gate attachment if you prefer from the dealer. I'm in Chicago. I thought it would be big enough but i keep having to refill during my routes so I need a V-Box. Absolutely nothing wrong with it. I paid $1600 and I'm asking $1100. Only call me if you are serious about buying it.
    773-491-8545
    Cortland

2. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Semi- interested, can you post pictures?

3. readysnowplow

yep, give me till this evening. you can call me as well and arrange to see it.

4. readysnowplow

Salt dogg spreader for sale

spread.jpg

spread2.jpg

spread3.jpg

here are the pictures of the spreader. Like I said it's not even two months old and works fine. All wires and attachments are included. I just need a bigger spreader. I'm re-filling my hopper way too much. Bad planning on my part = good deal on yours. Call me.
    Cortland
    773-491-8545

spread.jpg

spread2.jpg

spread3.jpg

5. hairygary

hairygary Senior Member

You can get these on e-bay for $950 brand new and shipping $100-$200. You have a better price.

6. readysnowplow

make me an offer

7. Snowpusher78

Snowpusher78 Junior Member

hey do you still have the salter and if so where are you located, I am in the same boat you are bought a small spreader to start salting and have added more salting jobs tired of filling salter all the time. Does that have a auger inside or is it just gravity with the viberator. That would come with all the wiring and the control box correct. Let me know. Thanks

8. readysnowplow

No auger just gravity w/vibrator. It has all the wiring and control box. It's not even two months old.
    call me
    cortland
    773-491-8545

9. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

How did it handle bagged salt? Did you try any bulk with it or not? Just curious i have not talked to anyone that has one of these and the concept baffles me!

10. readysnowplow

I use bulk the most and it's fine. Bagged salt is okay depending on the manufactuer and how big the rocks are.