1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

salt dogg spreader

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by SalNazzaro, Feb 12, 2011.

1. SalNazzaro

SalNazzaro Senior Member

I dont know if this is the riight spot to post this but I'm looking at getting a saltdogg poly salt spreader. Any likes dislikes problems?

2. Ropinghorns

Ropinghorns Senior Member

Me too. I have one that we really like, and want another one. Have a 1500 and an 8ft stainless gas. Both are great, but want to trade off my tornado and go with another poly 1500 or 2000. We love our local dealer.

3. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

They are real nice I love mine, just the controllers sucks

4. pvtben121

pvtben121 Senior Member

+ 1 i have 2 1500s and 2 4000s we have put 286 tons of salt combined through all 4 this winter all were brand new as of oct 10.

one 1500 had 3 contollers but the other 3 have been perfect

5. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Once I got away from that black Chinese digital controller and reversed rotation on the spinner,it's been just OK I would say.My main beef is that the spread pattern just isn't right,favors the DS big time and it won't throw very far,nothing even close to what Buyers touts it will.

6. procut1

procut1 Senior Member

I have one for sale if youre interested

7. SalNazzaro

SalNazzaro Senior Member