1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt Dogg Spreader SHPE1500

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Arloslawn, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Arloslawn

Arloslawn Member
    from Indiana

I have never purchased a hopper style spreader before only a tailgate. I was wondering if I were to leave salt in the spreader is that ok or does it get jammed up. Also does anyone have any experience as far as gas or electric. I was leaning toward electric but like I said I've never owned one.

Thanks

2. voyagerxii

voyagerxii Junior Member

I ran a Salt Dogg 1500 spreader for a couple years. If I loaded it with dry salt and kept the tarp on, the chances of it freezing up overnight were about 1 in 10. If the salt was at all wet or loaded during a snow storm, then it was sure to freeze overnight. I liked that the spinner could come off. That lessened the chance of damage when not being used. I also liked the "instant on" of an electric spreader. The seperate speed of the auger and spinner allows for putting just the right amount of salt down without waste.

Scott

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Love the electric. I avoid leaving material in the hopper whenever possible but if you do and it freezes a couple jugs of cheap windshield washer fluid will thaw it out then allow you to spread with out refreezing (if you do it right away)

4. KustomKare

KustomKare Junior Member

Just bought one 3 weeks ago and used it for the first time. Great spreader when its on the high settings as far as the low setting I wouldn't know. The controller doesn't give 1-7 speeds all I get is 8,9 or 0. Waiting for buyers to resolve this issue.

5. Dave Zelis

Dave Zelis Sponsor

KustomKare. Who have you been talking to? Your local dealer or someone at Buyers?

6. KustomKare

KustomKare Junior Member

well i have talked to Eric Elek from Buyers which was a waste of time. Also talked to Earl at Angelos another waste of time. They both tell me i have to buy another controller and they will refund me the money when I ship the bad one back. That's not how warranties work. So if they don't send me a new one I will be contacting an attorney and I am sure there is another few hundred people that had the same problem or another with the controllers.

7. Dave Zelis

Dave Zelis Sponsor

If I may suggest contacting your local dealer where you bought it. They should have a replacement in stock. Pretty easy to swap them out.

8. KustomKare

KustomKare Junior Member

That seems to be the problem I bought it from Angelos and I live in St Louis , Mo.

9. pvtben121

pvtben121 Senior Member

we bought 4 salt doggs from angelos and since were not in michigan we get no service
    you have to call there service dept and leave a vociemail and hope and pray for a call back anyway there prices are super cheap

10. Showmestaterida

Showmestaterida Senior Member

Kustom kare,

What is the price for the new one? Are they the same controller? I would try to talk to somebody else at Buyers. Somebody else had that issue but they sent them a new one , its a past post on here.I would find out who they talked to. I would use that as some leverage.