1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

salt dogg spread clogs

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by 48racefan, Jan 3, 2014.

1. 48racefan

48racefan Junior Member

I have a 2yd salt dogg v-box with and auger and vibrator but it clogs up every few minutes. Any suggestions?

2. Showmestaterida

Showmestaterida Senior Member

the sphe 2000? have a couple of these. Dont let salt sit in the box more than 24 hrs. What are your baffles set at? I left my at stock and they seem to work fine. If u open them up more they seem to clog more. The vibrator is needed all the time. Dry salt? This has been addressed in many previous threads, just use the search.

3. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

^^^^ This ^^^^

4. CleanCutL&S

CleanCutL&S Senior Member

Mine works great, Clogged about 3 times in 2 years.

5. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

Dont let salt sit in the hopper when it's this cold. It freezes. Load it, spread it, then empty it.

6. 48racefan

48racefan Junior Member

thank you so much

7. finallygot1

finallygot1 Member

I have also found that I almost always have to run the vibrator to get the salt to the auger. Traveling between jobs I turn vibrator off and just run the auger for 5-10 seconds to clear it out before going to next job. It seems that this keeps the salt from packing in the auger tray.

8. 48racefan

48racefan Junior Member

The baffles were set at 2" on the front and 4" on the back. Still clogged because of wet salt. Found a dry salt supplier. Have you ever taken the baffles out? Would this be good or wayvworse?

9. odd1or2even

odd1or2even Senior Member

I've had the problems in the past as well. You have to keep the baffles because if you open them up all the way too much salt gets to the auger and will jam it because of the weight. You have to find a happy medium and spread what you need and go back to the shop and get some more. I've had mine freeze in my hopper but when the temps down to 10 degrees it's to be expected so we load and spread within 30 mins when that's the case.