1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt Dogg spinner ??

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Sno4U, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

Had to replace the spinner motor on my Salt Dogg shpe1500. Question for all you other that have salt doggs w/ the rubber spinner. How much does it shake when your running it? Mine was molded so poorly that It shakes enough to feel it in the truck when it starts on burst mode. When I was replacing the motor, I noticed it elongated the holes where the spinner gearbox mounts into the (plastic)housing. I'm thinking of taking a 4" grinder and balancing it out.
    ..or am I completely wrong and it's supposed to throw "off" to get more throw action to it?

2. TurfSolutionsMN

TurfSolutionsMN Senior Member
    from MN

I just purchased one and my spinner doesn't shake, but it leans to front and drivers side of my truck a little hopefully the shaft wasn't bent when they shipped it.

3. ghost

ghost Member

MIne does the same thing. I called them today and they said they changet it to throw better

4. Bporter

Bporter Senior Member

i bought mine last year no shaking or vibrations

5. TurfSolutionsMN

TurfSolutionsMN Senior Member
    from MN

Ghost thanks for the info I was going to call them today to see what was up.

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

the ones I've delivered this year all had level spinners. I doubt the shaft's bent, could be just a little out of alignment. Very easy to shim it so it's straight and level. Pull the plastic cover (5/16 screws) loosen the mounting bolts for the spinner gearbox so you can see where you need to shim. Then take out the bolt and slide a shim washer or two in between the gearbox and mounting surface and reinstall the bolt. Do it on the truck so it is set for your vehicle and mounting.

7. ghost

ghost Member

do not do this- i repeat do not do this>

8. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

my snowex spinner will shake the whole truck when i crank it to 99, i have had 10+ snowex spreaders and all of them have done it :confused:

9. grasmancolumbus

grasmancolumbus Senior Member

WHY?:dizzy::confused: