1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt Dogg SPHE 2000 Wiring

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by jake2333, Oct 31, 2009.

1. jake2333

jake2333 Junior Member

I just purchased this spreader and am having issues getting it running. I have a good connection to the battery but cannot find where to plug in the 3 foot wire to the fuse connector. Any ideas. I am putting it in a 1995 Ford Super Duty Dump Truck. Thanks for any help!
  2. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Is that the keyed hot lead ?
  3. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

I know you are talking about and I will talk with someone in the morning to figure out how to word what it is and does. (I am very bad at wiring lol)

But what I do know if you need to wire that into something that turns on and off as the truck does..

Sorry Ill check with someone in the morning and get back, not sure if ive been any help.
  4. timberseal

timberseal Senior Member
    from 46385

You just have to tie it into an accessory wire...... one that lights when the ignition key is turned to the on position. You'll find it under the steering column typically. I had to cut the plug off mine and use a three way splice.
  5. alsam116

alsam116 Senior Member

i just want and got a ad a link/fuse conector and plugged the add a link into the fuse box to a ignition controlled wire and the hooked the lead wire to that woks great and dont have to worry about leaving spreader on when truck is off