1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt dogg SHPE1500 pricing?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by tsidders, Oct 13, 2009.

1. tsidders

tsidders Junior Member

I'm considering buying an in bed salter, and from the buzz on the forums, most people are very pleased with the Salt doggs. What have you guys been paying for these?
    Thanks in advance
  2. TurfSolutionsMN

TurfSolutionsMN Senior Member
    from MN

Check out Angelos Supply they were the cheapest when I bought mine.
  3. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

Got mine on ebay shipped for around 3 or 4k check on there now they are pretty much the same as last year when I was thinking of buying another.
  4. silvercity

silvercity Senior Member

Angelos had them for like $2800
  5. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

just bought a 2 yard Salt Dogg

I just paid $3095 for the 2 yard version from Angelos
  6. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

That sounds like a pretty good deal.
  7. plowtime1

plowtime1 Senior Member

Why not go for the two yarder... for 1k more..
    Good units especially for salt spread, If you do plan on using for treated sand..adjust the baffles... opened more and material dry as possible. JMO
  8. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

place in MD has them for $3100 ish, its only a few hundred more for the sphe2000 ive seen
  9. Plow horse

Plow horse Senior Member

salt dogg$

Hi I am looking for the MD dealer for salt doggs for the price of $3000sh. Also what does everybody think of the salt dogg poly electric 2 yd.
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  10. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Go with the 2 yard for sure. If the truck wont handle all that weight, then dont fill it up :nod:
    The next truck might like it heaped.

Another nod to Angelos. They work on slim margins. 3 years ago mid season I had a sph2000 shipped to my door (actually the semi droped it in the st., and I pushed the skid up the drive with the plow) for 3050.00
    I was gonna make the the run to Detoilet to pick it up, they shipped it for $150, and no tax . No brainer there.
  11. Plow horse

Plow horse Senior Member

does it work

Does the poly 2 yd electric work well with salt, I just bought one and am scared, I can NOT be stranded so to speak, I am used to gas chain V boxes.
  12. dmontgomery

just finished the install of my new 2yd'er..... looking forward to the first event
  13. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

250 tons threw mine, replaced the motor transmission last winter. That was $450 if I recall. Never left me hanging, just wouldnt reverse on a jamb, the nut on the auger with a big wrench moved the chunk threw and off I went to finish my route. It always started at -10, at every lot LOL. The controllers are karrier, and they seem to work great compared to the sno-ex's that are prone to burning down at the wrong time.
    It wont spew a ton out in 3 minutes, but it works great for me.
    Had plenty of freeze ups, but that will happen in any v-box if you leave wet salt in them.
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  14. dmontgomery

my new one came with a digital readout controller..........I assume it is still a Karrier product...
  15. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Angelos is not the cheapest place online.....just an FYI......:D
  16. plowtime1

plowtime1 Senior Member

Poly 2 yd is a good choice...
  17. timberseal

timberseal Senior Member
    from 46385

Well talk to us then :D ...... send me a quote for the SHPE 1500 to my email

Last edited: Oct 23, 2009
  18. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

They are the bomb with salt, for 4K you can not beat them. You will save material over the V-box as you learn to moderate your feed speeds for area needs i.e. more salt for shaded sections less salt for south face blacktop. You will not run out of gas, burn up a spark plug or need to add oil. You've gain 350 lbs of load capacity and located it better in the truck. You have replaced 7/9 bearings with one. A sealed motor transmission assembly lists for around $400 far less then the motor or transmission/gear reduction unit on the old gas drive v-boxes. Just as an experiment and for practice we have swapped them both out. It takes about 30 minutes.
  19. Plow horse

Plow horse Senior Member

Hey basher tell Kim Rent-a-Farmer says hello. u will understand.
  20. camaro_guy13

camaro_guy13 Junior Member

Paid 1000 for mine was approx 3 years old.