1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt Dogg SHPE1500 1.5yrd Vbox spreader 4 sale

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by IHI, Jul 14, 2011.

1. IHI

IHI Senior Member
    from Iowa

Am getting out of the snow removal side of things. This unit was bought 4/5yrs ago, used it to lay down roughly 120T of sand/salt and straight salt mix when I could buy in it in bulk. Lost customers and was under bid so unit has sat idle the past two seasons, and the few accounts I had left I just spot salted with our little tailgate spreader and bagged salt, so no need for this any longer and somebody else can make some coin with it.

This week I put a new auger carrier bearing on it, ended up pulling every last thing apart on it and cleaning up/anti seizing, whatever needed. Took and bead blasted the auger to get the built up chunks of sand off of it that never came off with power washing. the auger motor had a "catch" in it, took the auger motor to a local electric motor rebuilder and he went through it, but the only item needing replaced was the front bearing..he told me everything else internally looked like new yet.

Cover is still in great shape with no rips/tears, auger spins round and round like a new one with new bearings installed, everything else is in great shape as well...nothing to rot obviously since it's all poly and stainless.

Asking $2500 OBO

Item located in Elk Run Heights, IA. 50707

I also have a wooden stand I built that can go with it if you have the room/want it. I made it to fit my 2000 F350 4x4 so when I was done I could easily slide it out of the truck bed onto the stand, then when i needed to load it, push it back into the truck bed..easy 1 man operation.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. IHI

IHI Senior Member
    from Iowa

3. TwoBrosLawn

TwoBrosLawn Member
    from 53223

price seems high for a 4 year old unit, when a new one is $3000.00

4. IHI

IHI Senior Member
    from Iowa

OBO

What's going to go bad with it? This is'nt like the gas powered belly boxes with all the numerious pieces that rust and fail. The only part that could have an issue, I had gone through to ensure somebody else could get 4 more trouble free yrs from it, how many other V box spreaders go 4 yrs and probably another 4 with NOTHING going wrong?

Price is more than fair for what it is, if you want a brand new one with the cheaper control box that fails...go get it and let me know how it works out for ya:)

5. TwoBrosLawn

TwoBrosLawn Member
    from 53223

no need to get angry, simply saying "used" to someone is exactly that USED. when you buy a new car it loses 3-5% as soon as you put 1 mile on it.....just because you say its well taken care of and it will last...means nothing to someone purchasing it...its still used. i would offer no more than 1500.

6. IHI

IHI Senior Member
    from Iowa

LOL, go buy yourself a single stage tailgate for that :) I'd take it to the landfill before letting it go for that much LMFAO!! Locally they are going for $3900 new, and that's with the POS controller that consistantly going down, not covered under warranty, so guys are stuck dumping another $480 for a new controller just to make their $3900 investment work to pay for itself.

Regardless, if it sells for the number I have in mind, fine, if it does'nt, it can sit on the stand just as it has for years...aint no fire sales happenin here my friend;)

7. TwoBrosLawn

TwoBrosLawn Member
    from 53223

Do what u gotta do...i know what i pay new with my connections.

8. alsam116

alsam116 Senior Member

leave him alone two bros...his price is his price. maybe he doesnt have "connections" like you do. things in iowa might be more expensive than where you are, did you think of that?? BUMP for salt dogggg

9. IHI

IHI Senior Member
    from Iowa

Next time I need snow items, I'll give you a call up in Hawaii and get hooked up since I assume the mass quantity of snow equipment fly's off the shelf and lowers market pricing for everybody up there. :)

Post up some of your rates for lawncare so I can tell you how much your overcharging your customers and guys back here will do it for less than half that...essentially what you've been saying on what I'm listing my spreader for LOL!! must be having a bad week up there in paradise and needed to blow off some steam on something I take it? Hope your week gets better.

10. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Well said! What a dolt!

Another free bump!

11. brookline

brookline Senior Member

Any interest in meeting halfway in Chicago?

12. IHI

IHI Senior Member
    from Iowa

I honestly wish i could, the place i got hired on as a machinest, right now, like most businesses is their busy time, so 6 day work weeks are the norm, plus I work 3rd, so trying to do a 10hr road trip would be tough.

About the furthest i could go would be Dubuque, IA....which is 3hrs east of Chi-town. Possibly take a look at that scenario. Kinda sucks working for a living, just is'nt as much time to do a day trip like I used to.

Josh

13. brookline

brookline Senior Member

Econimcs of going any further would make more sense for me to buy new.... Thanks though. Good luck

14. IHI

IHI Senior Member
    from Iowa

I completely understand.

15. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Uh... Isn't IA WEST of IL???

Ah, either way, another free bump for ya! ;-)

16. brookline

brookline Senior Member

I knew what he meant

17. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

Still have this?

18. IHI

IHI Senior Member
    from Iowa

yes sir...wrong time of year to sell snow stuff LOL!! Shoulda waited until october/november when guys that are'nt prepared start scrambling :)

19. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

Just to fare for me, but what i'm looking for!

20. IHI

IHI Senior Member
    from Iowa

Getting that time of year so TTT

$2500 OBO