1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt Dogg SHPE0750 Poly Electric Spread Reviews?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by merrimacmill, Dec 19, 2014.

1. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Anyone have some experience with the small SHPE0750 Salt Dogg unit? This is the 3/4 yard version of the SHPE2000. It seems these are most commonly used in Tool Cats, John Deere Gator's, etc...

However I would like one for my truck. At this point, I only do my own parking lots, and a small office building owned by another PM. It takes me 1 scoop of salt from a 78" skid steer bucket to salt all the lots and still have some extra kicking around in there for the bad spots...

With that said, I absolutely do not need to be driving around with a big 2 yard Henderson spreader anymore... Also, the truck the spreader needs to be moved to has a standard bed (6'6") with a tool box and fuel tank, that limits my available space.

SO I think the SHPE0750 is a perfect solution to what I'm doing now.

Bad or good things to say about one? I'm about to call Angelo's Supplies any minute and order one - but thought I'd check here first.

2. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

I have been looking at that spreader as well. I am getting tired of shoveling salt into my tailgate spreader. I know everyone will say its a waste to buy a small one but I need to haul shovels ,blower and dragon melt in my short box truck. I can usually do my route with a yard depending on conditions and our salt is located in the middle of the route so reloading is not an issue. There isn't a lot out there on the shpe0750 in all of my searching. Angelo's has a video of it on YouTube and that's all I have found. We are just waiting for winter to show back up before buying another spreader.

3. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

Not going to bust your chops about "going bigger" as what you've described sounds like a perfect prescription for the 3/4 yard spreader. I haven't used one, but I've seen them at my dealer. I feel confident in saying I'm sure they're as good as their 1.5 yard and 2.0 yard spreaders. I'd have to check CPW's site, but I'm willing to bet that they even use the same motors. The only downside that I see, is their controllers. I haven't had any trouble with mine yet, but it's very common. If and when your's does go bad just replace it with a Karrier.

4. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

Hmmmmmmm, I'm kinda liking this idea for our f-150.

Would be really easy to load with my mini skid.

5. JustJeff

After checking Saltdogg's site, I see they are using the same motors in the 3/4 yard spreaders. 1/2 and 1/4 HP motors.

6. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

Yes, exact same driveline and motors.

7. SNOWANDICEMAN

SNOWANDICEMAN Senior Member

Smoorman I sent you a P.M.

8. merrimacmill

from MA

Now I need to find someone who has one in stock. Angelos told me 4+ weeks...

Like I said, the size seems perfect for my needs at this point. Might look a bit goofy though! But looks don't make, or save, money.

9. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

You're probably going to have a hard time finding one in stock...everyone is out of everything it seems like.

10. merrimacmill

from MA

Yea its a nightmare. I can't find one for the life of me...

No problem on getting a new Boss DXT though.

11. SnoDaddy

SnoDaddy Senior Member
    from ohio

For how slow the winter has been I don't get why every plow dealer in Ohio is out of everything? 7 P'S People!

12. JustJeff

13. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

Because everyone banked off last winter, it brough the plow for beer money plowers out of the wood work, and they all wanted new stuff. So preseason orders swamped manufacturers, and they haven't been able to keep up.

Record winter last year, manufacturers are behind...who woulda thunk it?

14. merrimacmill

from MA

I ended up getting one from RH Scales in Springfield, MA.

15. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

Can you post pics when it's up and running? I actually saw the first 0750 I have ever seen yesterday. It was in a truck with a tool box and it looked good. I really want one after seeing it but we need to make some money this winter before we buy another spreader.

16. rnolloth88

rnolloth88 Junior Member

Be prepared for controller issues. Mine lasted for 5 minutes first time out before it burnt up.