1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt Dogg SHPE 1500 - Auger not working

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by timberseal, Nov 4, 2009.

1. timberseal

timberseal Senior Member
    from 46385

Just finished the install on a new Salt Dogg 1500 and the auger seems to be giving me fits. When I turn it on the auger turns briefly and the spinner turns for a few seconds. Then the controller resets to whatever the dials are set at. Problem is the auger speed will not leave 0...... no matter where the dial is at the digital readout is 0 and the auger will not turn. When I turn on the vibrator on occassion the digitals go a little wacky too.

I'm thinking I have a bad controller since there's power back there during the test sequence it goes through on power up. Anyone else encounter this?

2. plowman69

plowman69 Member
    from amherst

sounds like a ground problem grounds cause wacky things to happen

3. timberseal

timberseal Senior Member
    from 46385

I don't know - the spinner, vibrator, and power on all work perfect. The only ground on the unit is to the battery actually and it's clean and tight. Got a call into buyers to see what we can figure out. I think the controller is defective.

4. timberseal

timberseal Senior Member
    from 46385

Had to order in a replacement controller through my dealer. The guys at Salt Dogg were helpfull and called me back this morning too.

5. PerfiCut Inc.

PerfiCut Inc. Senior Member
    from Eastern