1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

salt dogg settings

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by emeraldgreen, Dec 2, 2007.

1. emeraldgreen

emeraldgreen Member

Just got my salt dogg, and wondering what settings everyone uses for baffles, auger, and spinner? I'll be using bulk salt treated with liquid.
    Thanks for the input.
    Bob

2. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

What its set at from the factory is for bulk salt. The directions show where to set them for sand/salt mix.

3. kmwharley

kmwharley Member

I found my settings from the factory not to my likeing. I have the front one open about 4" and the rear about 2.5". Spinner all the way up and the auger varying between 4-5. Bulk salt only

4. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

Baffles stock, spinner 7-10 depending on lot and 6 on the auger all the time. Bulk salt

5. Greensway

Greensway Member

A good starting point, if dry would be 5 & 5 - with baffles factory set.
    With wet bulk, or treated the spinner needs to be moving faster to send it out, 7 is about right - unless you are in a wide open lot, then open it to 10 on both and drive maybe 15mph.

Make sure you keep the cover on, wet salt freezes up fast ( had 3000 lb. block in ours last year) driving around without spreading any for 3 hours.

Keep putting dielectric grease on the connectors too.

6. cincy snowdog

cincy snowdog Senior Member

we have ours set with the rear one as far shut as possible and the front one at three inches,i agree also that wet salt is tougher on this unit ,it will spread it fine but you can't leave it in long ,below thirty two or its solid.