1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

salt dogg settings for clearlane salt

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by craftmasters, Dec 2, 2009.

1. craftmasters

craftmasters Junior Member

i just got the salt dogg electric and we are going to use the product called clearlane witch is salt coated with mag, i was wondering if any one has used this and was wondering what the auger speed and spinner speed should be on to get max. performance
  2. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

It will depend on conditions and how fast you are driving, sun or shade, etc. You will have to kind of "wing it" as you learn to use it.
  3. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

I really do not have a "normal setting" for mine. The only time I keep the spinner way down is at the 24/7 printing company I handle. Always loaded with cars there and they get really pissed when I bounce it off there cars. So I keep my spinner below 6 and the auger around 5 or lower. Spinner speeds below 5 are pretty much useless, as you will just clear the truck.
    The treated salt wont fly like dry white does, so in wide open lots I usually go 8-9 spinner and 7-8 auger speed. I always run a pattern then Cris cross it for good coverage.

I do run the thing with the auger, so instead of shutting it off when I dont need salt coming out, or turning around I just go to zero on the auger and keep the spinner going. Every time you turn the unit on it automatically goes full auger, and full spinner speed, then settles down after a second to the settings on the controller. So if your near cars when you turn on your going to pound em.
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2009
  4. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

Never thought to do that and yeah the full speed is kind of annoying. Augers usually at 6 and spinner at full as you say it wont throw the wet stuff too far, but further then Downeaster dump insert salter combo I used to run.