1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

salt dogg salter

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by JRuffryders0930, Dec 2, 2014.

1. JRuffryders0930

JRuffryders0930 Junior Member
    from NJ

Hi everyone I have a saltdogg salt machine sch096 gas powered engine. I am a new mechanic at this company and the old mechanic cut all the wires and made a home made control box. the box has a key switch to start the engine and 2 toggle switches. I was wondering if anyone know the wire schematic of this unit or where I can get one. money is tight so a new control box is out of the question. just new to know how to wire the clutch assembly and the throttle motor please. if anyone can please help I would appreciate it. thank you

Joe

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

What's the issues your having?
    Didn't he "finish" wiring it all up

3. JRuffryders0930

from NJ

no the end of last season he just cut all the wires and didn't mark them not sure what wire goes where. I am looking to find out how to wire up the throttle motor and the clutch. I figured out thekey switch. looking to hook them up to toggle switches. it looks like the throttle motor is suppose to have 2 power wires but not sure

4. dieselss

Not being a smart ass, but wire colors? Match them up? Cut marks? Trace wires all the way back

5. JRuffryders0930

from NJ

the wires all in the control box are black. he actually cut some wires and the rest he just pulled out of the butt connectors so its hard to match them up

6. dieselss

Oh nice......

7. dieselss

Thinking about this. You could figure it out with a meter, and some extra wire.
    Put the meter on one wire at a time, and prob the wires at the Salter. That'll give you a starting point at least.
    I'm betting that one switch was the clutch, probably just 2 wires, while the other will be for the throttle, possibly 3 wires.

8. JRuffryders0930

from NJ

would anyone know what the brown and black wires are suppose to be for. I was just going back to the original wire harness removed all the tape and I found 2 extra wires in the original harness that he completely cut out and put tape over it. anyone know what those wires go to

9. JRuffryders0930

from NJ

also any ideas how to wire the throttle motor. I am testing it on the bench and I can get the motor to work one way by applying a power and ground to each wire then in order for me to get the motor to go the other way I have to reverse the wires. not sure how I can wire that up to a toggle switch

10. jimbo64

jimbo64 Senior Member

Probably your best bet is to call Buyers or google them.

11. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

If you can't figure out this problem I think they need a new mechanic.

How about a battery charger and a test light? Easy.

12. JRuffryders0930

from NJ

yeah easy except the wires are cut on both ends and not sure where either wire goes to

13. dieselss

That wasn't helpful?

14. JRuffryders0930

from NJ

oh I didn't see that. that's what I figured. that the throttle control has three wires 2 power wires and 1 ground wire

15. dieselss

The throttle uses a double through switch. One way it's power and gnd the other is gnd and power. Might be a 6 pin switch? But I'm not sure what yours has

16. JRuffryders0930

from NJ

yeah you are right about the double switch I have to go get a 6 pin switch. thanks for your help