1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

salt dogg retailers in MA

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by brimfield, Feb 2, 2009.

1. brimfield

brimfield Member

looking for any salt dogg retailers in Ma for a walk behind spreader. and I need to pick it up, no ups or mail orders.

2. ToniM

ToniM Junior Member

Call 440-974-8888 Buyers Products Company to see where there is a distributor close to you.

3. brimfield

brimfield Member

I called them after their web site failed. got 3 numbers to call one was way over priced one did'nt carry any walk behinds and the last # was a NH car parts dist. Looked at the Buyers at Northern Tool but they got trash reviews on broken boxes missing parts and hard to assemble. How bad is Earthway? got a place close to me selling one for $125.

4. ToniM

ToniM Junior Member

We had the exact same problem with missing parts, broken boxes etc. The Earthway is a good unit just be sure to get the 2130 model it designed more for commercial use, the 2030 is more of a homeowner model.

5. joelbouch

joelbouch Senior Member

judgeing by your name i say you live oyt there use to live in oxford did you try curtis factory plus there right off 146

6. brimfield

brimfield Member

yea looked at an earthway 2030 last night and the tires looked too small, lady on phone thought I had said 2030 not 2130 oh well.And Curtis factory plus only had truck sanders, no walkbehind. tried the home depot but they had scotts and no agrifab. I have broken 2 scotts and the plastic wheels go nowhere insnow or on ice.Might have to go to rh scales near the cape as the springfield one is out.

7. joelbouch

joelbouch Senior Member

hey mind if i ask what your trying to spread i use a scotts basic walkbehind and fill it up with a 50lb bag of calcium spreads nice works. i do alot of sidewalks with it but got truck sanders for the roads

8. brimfield

brimfield Member

I was spreading dry bagged sand and salt. I finally got a salt dogg at rh scales just off of rt 128

9. plowtime1

plowtime1 Senior Member

brimfeild,
    glad to see you found rh scales, university ave. westwood ma. good people, good prices...just noticed the post. hope your spreader is working well!

10. brimfield

brimfield Member

plowtime1,
    new spreader works great. It was assembled in the box, just had to put on handle and feed adjustment. not sure why it was together but I wont fight it!

11. timmy1

timmy1 Senior Member
    from RI

CTE in Rehoboth is a dealer.