1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

salt dogg push spreaders are junk

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by JRSlawn, Mar 20, 2013.

1. JRSlawn

JRSlawn Senior Member

I bought 6 salt dogg push spreaders this year for our sidewalk crews and the first night out everyone loved them and after that they all started falling apart out of the 6 I bought 1 of them still works today this seems kind of crazy considering I was using the basic scotts spreaders before with home made rubber flaps and they would last 2 seasons. Every spreader that is broke has something to do with the uncovered unprotected drive sprocket. I am extremely disappointed. I loved my poly v boxes but stay away from the push spreaders
  2. icudoucme

icudoucme Senior Member

You need to adjust the metal plate that has 2 bolts and guides the shaft. If the bolts loosen up the gear doesn't mesh properly with the slotted plate.
  3. MWSAI

MWSAI Member

I've used ours all season and had no problems with them. I love the darn things.