1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt dogg older style controller (non analog) running warm

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by WilliamOak, Jan 20, 2014.

1. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

My controller has been running warm after extended use (15min +) even so much that the vibrator will cut out. Can't afford to sit around and let it cool down as I get very minimal flow out of the SHPE 1500 without the vibrator. This a common issue with these spreaders or is there more for me to look into?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Clean all the connections, check condition of the wires and though a amp draw test to the vibrator. you can disassemble the vibrator and check to see if there is crap inhibiting the pork chops.

I'm guessing a new vibrator is in your future:nod: Good catch:nod:a little maintenance or vibrator are A LOT cheaper than a controller and you'll need one if you keep running it.

3. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

I'll do that and check back. All the plugs got a good cleaning and dielectric grease this fall. I'm sure with the amount of salt we've gone through this year that its worth doing again though.

4. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

Not really. Controller is prob $400 -$500 a new vibrator is about the same im sure. At lest the crummy one Buyers puts on it. I'd put a different one on as those factory ones are not that great.

I tore the cord of my Vibrator pulling my salter out of my truck I put on a bigger vibrator from Vibco. Its much quieter does a better job and draws less power.