1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt Dogg Evaluation

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Sno4U, Apr 17, 2007.

1. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

Well as mentioned in the thread below I finally got "The Dogg". Actually had time to do some of the install.
    Product: Buyers Salt Dogg SHP1500
    As from what I can see, I've only got a couple of pointers for the folks at Buyers.
    1. As mentioned in another post earlier this season, it would be nice if there where something other than bolts holding down the topscreen in case you need to get inside to unjam it. Maybe on hinges w/ a limiter so it doesn't flip open and onto the side of the truck-kinda like i've heard of the tornado doing(and denting the side of said truck).
    2.Put some kind of rings or something for the bungees to go to on the salter itself.
    3.I'm not impressed w/ the fine pug connections-on a salter!? C'mon folks a something w/ a little more "meat". Also is there a way to do the install w/o having to fish such a large connector thru the firewall?
    4. For shipping purposes the pkg. needs to be more watertite(specifically the controller) I know other people on this board mentioned their distribur keep the units outside, the hardware pkg. is inside the units and usually is sitting in that ice or puddle of water if the temps. are warm-this is really bad for a controller costs alot to replace.

Other than those minor issues, which can easily be remedied I think this will be a very good product for my business. I was very impressed w/ our local distibutor. I had questions, they brought out an installer who could answer them accurately. Kudos to the people who are using their brain!

PS: In the post below asking about the hat-its inside the box!