1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt Dogg Digital Controller Rebuild

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Snow Picasso, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Snow Picasso

Snow Picasso Senior Member

Does anyone know who or where I can get my digital controller rebuilt?

2. Spool it up

Spool it up Senior Member

did you try to reset the fuse on the back ?
    manual reads unrepairable
    its a disposable world

3. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

what is it not doing for you?

4. Snow Picasso

I noticed it was pulsating when I was spreading and the spinner speed took awhile to adjust.Then it just stopped! I just changed out the bearing and the motor. The auger was spinning fine for a few moments then started to pulsate again then just stopped like it was jammed. This happened without a load on!

Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
  5. Snow Picasso

I noticed it was pulsating when I was spreading and the spinner speed took awhile to adjust. Then it just stopped! I just changed out the bearing and the motor. The auger was spinning fine for a few moments then started to pulsate again then just stopped like it was jammed. This happened without a load on! Thinking I might have a controller on the way out!

6. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

you can order just the circut board for the spinner and the auger. Go ahead and put 2 new switches in it for power and the vib. Easy to do less then 5 minutes for everything. The board snaps right in and just plug it in.

7. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Doesn't sound like a controller problem at all.I would hard wire,bypassing the controller right to each function and then see what happens.

8. Snow Picasso

I'm not sure what else it could be! The controller send out the commands. I can't see the gear box going bad on the auger, but maybe something is binding up in there. I'm going to swap out with another controller and see what happens. Thanks

9. Snow Picasso

Hooked up another controller tonight and the spreader purrrz like a kitten! lets hope it stays that way! Thanks for the advice. That was going to be my next move.