1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

salt dogg controllers all dying..

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

Who has the bulk salters, 1500/2000/4000 etc?

We're going through faulty controllers like no bodys business now.

The original saltdogg wiring harnesses are uber cheap.. after 2-3 years theyre cracking the casing and letting the copper get corroded :(. $200 for a new one plus labor and headaches.

Anyone replace their spinner motors yet? Seems all of ours suddenly are spinning slowly or hard to start spinning when cold "20-40deg out" not -30F lol.

Any made in usa upgraded motors for the spinner itself?
  2. MahonLawnCare

MahonLawnCare Senior Member
    from Ohio

We do. Got karrier controllers. No issues.
  3. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

I have and believe the white faced analog controllers are the way to go.My OEM black faced digital failed when new on it's maiden outing---ABSOLUTE GARBAGE--that was app.4 years ago.No problems controller wise since.I can almost guarantee part of your problem in back is the POS Chinese connectors.That,combined with their aluminum,copper coated also Chinese wiring is garbage.I changed my connectors to an Anderson 2 wire for the spinner and a huge 220V AC locking one for the vibrator and auger circuits.I couldn't find a 4 wire Anderson quickly thus the AC one.