1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt dogg controller problem

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by PLC1985, Nov 28, 2013.

1. PLC1985

PLC1985 Member

I just recieved my new salt dogg 1500 from Angelo supply yesterday. Everything looked good and service was great. I wired it all up last night. Pretty straight forward did a nice clean job tested everything as directed in instructions. Controller lit up did everything it should last night. Today. Get in truck flick power switch just to check it out n play a little and I've got no light no nothing. Power up to controller fuses are all good and everything checks out. But nothing at the Chinese digital controller. I know there was problems years ago w these. I didn't think I'd still have a problem. It's thanksgiving so I can't call Angelo's now but I hope this wont be a long waiting game an fight to get a new controller out here. Anyone have any expieeience I haven't even had it long enough to fill out the warranty card. Got it 24 hrs ago. Think this should just be a simple send him a new one deal? I hate problems

2. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

They're all junk! I went through 3 of them. First one had 1 storm and died at 2AM. Next two were DOA. I went to a 12v toggle. Not sure if that's an option for you or not.

3. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

I bought a spreader from Angelo's 2 weeks ago today and the controller was messed up. I had one from another spreader so I knew that the spreader and wiring was fine. I called and they said to bring it in. They are only an hour drive from me. It took a few hours of waiting around but they swapped it with a new one with no issues. In your case you'll probably have to send it back and wait or buy a new one and get a credit once it's checked out. I asked if I could just send mine to them instead of waisting a half day and that's what they told me. Warranty your controller as long as you can but as Raymond said they break. Our western , snowex ,and buyers have all gone through controllers and ended up on heavy duty switches. You loose variable speed but it always works and you can hook it up in the middle of the night !