1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt Dogg controller issues- need help

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Piersons LS&L, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Piersons LS&L

Piersons LS&L Junior Member
    from WV

Purchased a new Salt Dogg controller. Its the digital controller with the single dial. Part # 3014855. It only works on blast. It will start to work sometimes then ill get the P code.. then sometimes the H code. Checked all wiring. Some times the blast & vibrate buttons will stay lit up after turned off. Power / ground go to the battery. I have a red 12V that goes to the fuse panel. One time it acutally worked - I turned the dial and it registered the numbers and then I got the P code again. Any ideas?

2. Piersons LS&L

from WV

anyone??..........

3. Piersons LS&L

from WV

I was told by the tech where I bought the box that my spreader motor could be going bad..anyone ever hear of this? Any input would be appreciated..

4. do you have a load in the bin? I have a salt dogg 3/4yard on my truck and when the auger is stuck or the motor it would throw that H/P code. i don't have the book on hand so I can't read what they mean. Usually an H is a stalled auger. I got out and hand cranked the auger. sorted out my issue.

Is it just a snow dogg controller or the whole unit is a dogg?

5. Piersons LS&L

from WV

no this is with nothing in the bin.. I bought a new controller but a used spreader.. I have read stories about the salt dogg controller being a POS.. but Im willing to try a new motor I guess.

6. Piersons LS&L

from WV

wheres the best place to get a new motor?

7. angelo's in michigan worked for us here. but i'm only 3 hours away in ontario. But they do keep a HUGE inventory for just about every brand.

8. Piersons LS&L

from WV

cool thanks - Hopefully that will fix my issue..:dizzy:

9. Piersons LS&L

from WV

can anyone think of another possible issue other than the motor?