1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt Dogg Baffle Mod

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by RepoMan1968, Jan 27, 2012.

1. RepoMan1968

RepoMan1968 Senior Member

Here is my rendition of the Sno-Ex 1875 anti bridging spec i did last year. Flows alot more material with less stress and auger jambing .

Very simple mod here folks . Angle iron and the oem bolts . I used to have an SE1875 gate spreader and it had the same feature . Couldn't jamb it with 2a or 2b stone wet or dry .

It really swollows the load :mechanic:
    [​IMG]

2. Harford13

Harford13 Senior Member

What a great idea and a simple way to increase efficiency

3. RepoMan1968

It looks like Salt Dogg finally figured out a way to efficiently baffle the auger on the new 2250 model. I guess I beat them to it.

It boasts of a 5.25" Variable Pitch Auger and 14'' spinner , 120 lb's heavier and holds .2 ton more material.

I may just have to catch up to the 2250 by removing more material covering the auger of my 2000. :nod::mechanic:

http://www.saltdogg.com/Instruction Sheets/3020696_C.pdf

Page 7 (piece 13)

4. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

I had similar thoughts to fab something like that even so we do not have any jamming issues.

5. RepoMan1968

haven't had any since