1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt Dogg 4.5 Muni. S.S. Spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by TurfSolutionsMN, Oct 4, 2009.

1. TurfSolutionsMN

TurfSolutionsMN Senior Member
    from MN

I am looking at getting the 4.5 SS Spreader with a gas engine. I currenly run a 1.5yd salt dogg and love it. But we are starting to get a few towns that want us to do the salt/sand spreading. We had two towns last year and are 1.5 yd was just to small and slow. So has anyone ran or seen one of these spreaders.
  2. TurfSolutionsMN

TurfSolutionsMN Senior Member
    from MN

Come on guys help me out winter almost here!!!
  3. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

4. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

We have 8' and 10' in these and they are great! No experience with the Salt Dogg's but I can tell you this a large company here got 10+ of the ones your talking about last year and my local shop has had nearly all of them back in this year with MAJOR problems after just one here. They aren't as durable as the Henderson's the company had prior to getting these last year and they are paying for it $$$ it now. You should be able to get the one's above in Briggs for $6000 or so and Honda for $6500 or so. Best of luck to you!